Beginner’s Mind Zen Center is supported and sustained by donations from our members and friends… people like you!
While no one is turned away for lack of funds at BMZC, donations of any amount help maintain the zendo, zafus, zabutons, incense, website hosting, Zoom membership, and other miscellaneous expenses that allow the sangha to maintain our practice and community.
BMZC is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your donations are tax-deductible.
We’re also on Venmo! @beginnersmindzc
How to Support BMZC
Make a Donation
– Any amounts are appreciated! PayPal/Credit/Debit cards are accepted (PayPal account is not required).
– You can make monthly donations by clicking on the “Make this a monthly donation” checkbox during the donation process.
If you prefer a check, you can send it to:
Beginner’s Mind Zen Center
9325 Lasaine Avenue
Northridge, CA 91325
Become a Member
– If you’d like to consistently support BMZC, becoming a member is a great way to do so. The current suggested donation for a member is $50 a month. Some members pay less or more depending on their financial situation, as the amounts of contribution can be discussed and adjusted. Please don’t hesitate to contact our teachers at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to them about becoming a member.
– Most members make automatic payments via PayPal/credit card. You can make monthly donations by clicking on the “Make this a monthly donation” checkbox during the donation process.
– We offer discounts for meditation retreats for members. Please see “SUGGESTED FEES FOR RETREATS” below.
There are three levels of membership:
Patron Membership is for benefactors who are able to support us at $100 or more each month. Supporting Membership – $50-99 each month Alternative Membership – Less than $50 per month (Speak to Peter or Jane Schneider email@example.com)
Come to the Retreats
– Please check the Calendar for the current schedule.
– Please take a look at the suggested donation amounts for retreats we offer. You can register by making the suggested donation in advance.
SUGGESTED FEES FOR RETREATS
Sesshin and Zazenkai Retreats are currently being held online via Zoom.
Our recommended fees are, as follows:
|Two Full Days — Attendance all day, both Saturday and Sunday||Members: $30|
|One Full Day — Attendance all day, either Saturday or Sunday||Members: $15|
|Each Partial Day — Partial attendance, one or both days of the retreat||Members:|
$10, each day of partial attendance
$15, each day of partial attendance
Paying Fees: Use the “+ Add special instructions to the seller” feature during the PayPal process, indicating that your payment is not a general donation, but is specifically for retreat fees.